OXLEY-YETTER INTERPRETIVE building
The Interpretive Building houses hands-on exhibits, a classroom, a wildlife viewing area, restrooms and drinking fountain, a small gift shop, staff offices and other work areas.
In honor of our founding director Bob Jennings, this pond serves as a tribute to him and all he contributed to the center.
surrounding BJ's pond is a large open area known as the meadowlark prairie.
A second set of trails, the North Woods Unit, may be found northwest of Mohawk Park's Golf Course and northeast of Lake Yahola. With many mature 100 year old trees, this area is worth a venture north.
NORA WARREN MEMORIAL BRIDGE
The Bridge, crossing Coal Creek, was built by the Friends of Oxley in 1992 to allow visitors and school groups easy access to Blackbird Marsh for wetlands study.
A 600 foot boardwalk extends over the Blackbird Marsh allowing "hands-on" investigation of aquatic plants and animals.
During the summer of 2001 the Friends of Oxley constructed a new observation tower overlooking Blackbird Marsh and Lake Sherry.
Originally built as a fish hatcheries pond in the 1930's, this attraction is a true testament of nature's ability to evolve.
This lake located across from Blackbird Marsh in the eastern end of Oxley Nature Center is name for Dick Sherry, who was instrumental in the founding of the Center.
WILDLIFE STUDY AREA
A wildlife habitat surrounded by bird creek where many tracks and signs of animals may be found.